For almost 40 years now our hotel in the Dolomites has provided a refuge of pure wellbeing to guests from far and wide. We – the Feichter family and our tireless team – always strive to meet and exceed your expectations, and do so with a lot of passion and joy. We love to welcome our regular guests back and to introduce new guests to what we hope will become their new home away from home. Here is the history of our hotel at the Plan de Corones/Kronplatz.
Holidays are the most precious time of the year – we will help you make the most of it!
We Feichters and our staff share a genuine passion for our job. Whatever our role, we all take pride in doing our part to make your holiday in Tesido/Taisten unforgettable – be it through a smile, a useful tip, a skilfully brewed tea, a delicious meal or any other of our many inclusive services. These small gestures can add great joy to your holiday experience, as can a friendly, attentive service.
The cosy ambience of our hotel in the Dolomites is designed to make you feel at home from the moment you step in.
Whatever your idea of a dream holiday, we are there to help you make it come true!
A hotel in de Dolomites with a long history
How it began
It all started with the Alpenhof, a very well-located 12-room inn which embodied our parents’ dream. Back then, there was no paved road to the building, but the inn already featured a small outdoor pool and a Finnish sauna, as well as a restaurant and a café. The Alpenhof team consisted of the family, one full-time employee, and one part-time employee.
A turning point
In 1997 Katja and Hannes got married and took over the hotel, giving start to the first massive renovation works which increased the number of rooms to 21 and turned the 2-star inn into a 3-star hotel. At that time, their first son Patrick was 3 years old; Paul and Sophia came later, in 1999 and 2001 respectively. In 2000, our hotel in the Dolomites was provided with a spa area including two sauna cabins, one relax area and two treatment rooms. The Alpenhof team now counted seven employees.
A big leap
New renovation works were carried out In 2007: 16 new suites were added, the dining rooms were refurbished and the panoramic pool and beauty farm were built, as well as a new hotel hall. One further big step was taken towards eco-sustainability: since 2007 our hotel in the Dolomites has been relying exclusively on 100% renewable energy sources. The renovation works were rewarded with the 4th star. Over the years, the Alpenhof team had grown to include 22 employees.
The past provided a solid basis for the future of our hotel in the Dolomites. Since 2014 the name has been changed into Alpen Tesitin; while the “Alpen” is a constant reminder of our origins, the “Tesitin” bears witness to our love for our land. In fact, “Tesitin” was the ancient name of Tesido/Taisten, the village where our hotel is located. But the changes carried out in 2014 stretched far beyond the renaming: we increased the number of rooms to 62, rebuilt from scratch the hotel hall, the dining rooms, the kitchen and all service rooms, and added a new sauna area and beauty farm. Today, our 4-star-superior hotel has a staff of over 50 employees.
A NEW challenge - we are looking foreward to it!
For over a year, we have intensively planned, tinkered, revised and polished the details with our heart and soul. Now it is time: From autumn 2017 we are rebuilding.
We are looking forward to the upcoming redesign with a great deal of anticipation. 4 selected architecture and planning firms took part in the ideas competition for the new Alpen Tesitin.
The project of our architects, Mutschlechner Martin & Bucci Marco, who have already accompanied us through 3 conversions, impressed us the most and really inspired us.
The inspiration for the planning was our building from 1978. Simple shapes and clear lines, and the material wood were emphasised.
Further main themes in the planning were light and nature, which we would like to bring into the house with big glass elements. The design of water areas was also very important for us. These will be brought right to the fore, and therefore, our beautiful mountain backdrop with be the focus.
The number of rooms will remain unchanged during this conversion at 62.
The first building phase starts on 15 October 2017. We will be delighted to start the winter season on 15 December 2017.
In spring, the second building phase will start on 4 March 2018.
On 31 May 2018, all conversion works will be completed.
The contruction stages
New from 15 December 2017
- Comfortable relaxation area with 80 m², large glass areas and comfortable loungers
- Experience - infusion - sauna with fantastic view in the outside area. Our sauna masters Michael, Julia, Karin and Daniel were included in the planning and look forward to pampering you with their infusions.
- Diving pools (8 x 3 m) with 12 °C fresh mountain spring water
- Luxury - infinity - whirlpool (8 x 5 m) with fabulous view of the Dolomites and 36 °C warm water
- The west building will get a new roof and outer façade in the autumn
New from 31 May 2018
- Comfortable rooms "Wiesen", 37 to 39 m², furnished with pine wood
- Panoramic suites, 40 to 42 m², furnished with natural oak and view of the Dolomites from the bed
- Family panoramic suite, 75 m², furnished with natural oak, panoramic parent's room, generous children's room and two bathrooms
- Romantic suites for dreaming: Luxurious, light-flooded penthouse suites, 55 m², modern furnishings with panoramic view - roof terrace and big bathtub for two outside
- Star suites: South-west-facing penthouse luxury with large glass fronts, 75 - 80 m², sunny, with modern and elegant Alpine furnishings, with luxurious materials, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 35 m² roof terrace with bathtub outdoors
- Infinity - brine - relax - pool, (8 x 5m), moving salt water to float and relax in absolute peace at 36 °C
- The highlight - You swim in pole position
Sun - infinity - pool with wow factor and 180° dream view (20 x 9m), at 30 °C water temperature
- Generous garden with inviting relaxation areas and dream view
- The hotel lobby, the bar, the sun lounge and the buffet room are getting a little facelift
- Luxury - cabriolet rental “Drive Spirit” in the Alpen Tesitin. With our partners Autoindustriale Mercedes - Benz Südirol and Porsche Zentrum Bozen Auto Carrera we have snapped up a unique offer for you. Experience dreamy days in the Dolomites with dream cabriolets, the Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet and the Mercedes Benz AMG GT C. (from € 190/ ½ day)
…and we are the most delighted about, our team of employees coming with us the whole way, from the planning to implementation, with enthusiasm and lots of ideas.
We can hardly wait to pamper you in the new Alpen Tesitin “Panorama Wellness Resort “.